There are millions of people in India who are struggling to have proper health care facilities. Several economically poor people are dying without proper health care facilities. The government of India has started a scheme known as Ayushman Bharat Yojana which is actually the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) to ensure health protection amongst the poor. The Ayushman Card monitors and governs this particular scheme.
The Prime Minister of India started this project on September 23rd, 2018. The scheme is health insurance for 50 crores of Indian citizens. With its launch, it has achieved a number of success stories. It included more than 18000 hospitals in just one year. It has also found success in assuring more than 44 lakhs. The assurance made by providing treatments to these people and the complete admission charges of the hospitals was born by the scheme. By this time it has also issued approximately ten crores of e-cards across various parts of the country.
Eligibility criteria for Ayushman card
To avail of the Ayushman card, one must check their names in the data of the Socio-Economic Caste Census-2011. This will suggest if at all your family is eligible to have the facilities of Ayushman Bharat Yojana. If you are eligible, then it is obvious to have the insurance facility provided through the scheme.
Permitted families from the rural areas:
- There should be no adult or earning member within the family from the age group of 16 to 59 years.
- The living space should be in a single room with a kaccha structure.
- No member of the family should be in between 16 to 59 years.
- There should be no healthy adult member or a disabled member.
- Family should belong to the category of the manual scavenger.
- Earning a major income from manual labour and should not have any property apart from the house.
Permitted families from the urban areas:
- The one those who are the domestic worker.
- Someone who begs and earns his or her daily livelihood.
- Common people who do works home-based jobs like mali, sanitation worker, tailor, sweeper, etc.
- Folks working as coolie, welder, labour, security guard, etc.
- People who do professions like washer, waiter, peon, mechanic, electrician, mason, plumber, conductor, repair worker, cart puller, and other low graded professions.
Ayushman Card registration 2022
The registration for the Ayushman card for the current year, 2022 will be both online and offline. However, you need to check your name in the SECC 2011 list and also in the list of RSBY schemes. If your name is there, then you are ready to go for the insurance facility served by the government of India through the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. If you are looking for online registration then these are the mentioned steps that you need to follow:
- Visit the official website https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/ for the PMJAY scheme.
- On the website, you find instruction as “am I eligible”. You just need to click on it.
- Then you need to verify yourself through the captcha code after submitting your mobile number.
- You will receive a one-time password.
- Verifying the one-time password will ensure you get into the main page.
- On the main page, you need to provide the name, state name, number on your ration card, and either your household number or your mobile number.
- If any of your family fulfils the requirements of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana then automatically your name will be on the list.
How to apply for an Ayushman card?
After registration, you will have to provide all the necessary documents. These documents include age proof in the form of an Aadhar or birth certificate, if you are under the special category then you need to provide the caste certificate, your income certificate, and the proof of your current status of the family in the form of a document. These documents will be verified and based on the authority that will issue the card.
Benefits of the Ayushman card
The benefits of the Ayushman card are as follows:
- Free of cost health care facility across India.
- It is also covering the surgical packages in 25 special categories.
- It will also pay you the post-hospitalization charges.
- For multiple surgeries, the scheme will cover 100 % for the highest package, 50 % for the next, and 25% for the lowest among the three surgeries.
- It will be 50 different oncology treatments.
- Follow-up treatment coverages are also covered in the scheme.
The Ayushman card is also applicable for the global pandemic COVID-19. With the inclusion of the PMJAY, a massive population on the poverty line is largely benefited ensuring that the mortality rate is reduced amongst the society of economically poor people.